There are no coincidences. If you’ve clicked to this page, an Angel just may be nudging you to participate in this extraordinary show! If you’re not sure…please skip down to THE BIG HOWEVER section.
Calling All Artists: Be a part of the Watching Angels Interactive Public Art Show!
Hi, I’m Meg Donahue. I’m an independent artist and producer of the Watching Angels Interactive Public Art Show. I am seeking submissions from artists and artist teams for non-permanent, exterior public artwork to be part of the Watching Angels Public Art Show which will be on display in September, 2013 in Brattleboro, Vermont.
My goal is to place a hundred Angels throughout downtown Brattleboro, VT in interesting and quirky locations for the delight and enjoyment of the community. Each angel will have a specific message just for the viewer retrievable via a placard next to the artwork with the name of the artist, the Angel, our website address and a QR code for easy access.
Everything you need to know
What, When, Where: Watching Angels, September 1st – 30th 2013, Brattleboro, VT
Work Media and Size: All media. Maximum size 4′ x 4′. We will consider larger sizes if an artist can assist with installation or placement of Angels.
• Please send us up to 5 digital images via email or upload to our website using the upload box below. Note: maximum file size is 10MB per file.
• Brief description of your Angel, including title or name.
• Images should be presented in JPEG format with image size set to 300 dpi resolution with 4″ x 6″ image size, approximately.
• All submissions must be of Angels. We encourage a broad definition of Angel from traditional Renaissance Putti to a photographic mural of everyday Angels among us. Please use your creative talents and have fun!
• The artwork may not contain advertising, religious art, sexual content, negative imagery, or convey political partisanship.
• The chosen art will be for exterior installation and requires durability.
(1) PLEASE FOLLOW THIS NAMING CONVENTION: artistfirstname_artistlastname_filename.jpg
(2) PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU’VE SUBMITTED WORK VIA OUR CONTACT FORM!
Entries Due: August 20h, 2013 – We strongly encourage early entry . Artists will be notified by August 25th, 2013.
Selection Process: The Watching Angels Selection Committee will review and respond promptly to all submissions. Priority of placement will be given to Angels submitted through the formal process.
Accepted Artwork: Accepted artwork must be delivered to must be delivered to 70 Haskell Dr. Brattleboro, VT 05301 by August 20th, 2013 unless other arrangements have been made with the Watching Angels Show. A volunteer crew will be placing artwork at throughout Brattleboro during the last week of August 2013. Discussion of Angel placement with Artists prior to delivery is encouraged.
Insurance: We will not be insuring artwork. If you want to make sure your angel arrives back to you exactly how you created it, I encourage you to insure your artwork. There is the potential for work to be damaged or stolen.
Sales: All artwork at the Gathering of Angels Art Show can be available for sale. Host retains 25% of all sales from the show.
Gathering of Angels Gala Art Show
After the month-long public Watching Angels Art Show, we will gather all Angels and host an art show titled “A Gathering of Angels Gala” at a location TBA, Brattleboro, VT.
If we haven’t answered all of your questions, please email project coordinator Meg Donahue. We don’t want to miss your questions, so please put “Watching Angels” in the subject heading so we’ll make sure to find your email.